Ekta Kapoor is an Indian television series, film producer, and director, and the joint managing director and creative head of ‘Balaji Telefilms Limited, which was founded in 1994. The company is known for making Hindi–language television serials. Kapoor was born on June 7, 1975, in Mumbai, to actors Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. She has two brothers, Tusshar and Laksshya. Ekta Kapoor age is now 47 years old.
Kapoor has produced several successful soap operas. It is included Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, and Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan. She has also produced the successful films Kya Love Story Hai (2007), Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010), The Dirty Picture (2011), and Shootout at Wadala (2013).
Ekta Kapoor Wiki
|Full Name||Ekta Ravi Kapoor|
|Profession||TV and Film Producer|
|Date of Birth||7 June 1975|
|Ekta Kapoor Age||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Boyfriend/Husband Name||Not Known|
|Children||Son- Ravie (via surrogacy, born in 2019)|
|Father’s Name||Jeetendra (Actor)|
|Mother’s Name||Shobha Kapoor (Producer)|
|Siblings (Brother)||Tusshar Kapoor (Younger, Actor)|
|Actors( Favorite)||Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Actresses (Favorite)||Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar|
|Director (Favorite)||Wong Kar-Wai|
|Favorite Books||The Last Song of Dusk by Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghvi, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|TV Serial(Favorite)||Shameless (USA)|
|Favorite Politician||Narendra Modi|
Ekta Kapoor Age & Early life
Ekta Kapoor was born on 7 June 1975 in Bombay, India. She is the daughter of Bollywood actor Jeetendra and Shobha Kapoor. She has a brother named Tusshar Kapoor. Ekta Kapoor age is now 47 years. She completed her schooling at Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, and completed her graduation in Psychology from Mithibai College.
Ekta Kapoor Career
At the age of 17, Ekta Kapoor started her career, interning with ad and feature filmmaker Kailash Surendranath. After receiving funding from her father, she decided to become a producer under his banner, Balaji Telefilms. Her first projects were unsuccessful as six of his pilot episodes were rejected, resulting in a total loss of 50 lakh (equivalent to £1.7 million or US$210,000 in 2020). As of July 2001, Kapoor was producing more than 30 hours of television shows per week. 20 of its 34 series have been listed as the most popular series on major TV networks such as Zee TV, Sony, Star Plus, and Metro. The projected turnover for the period 2000-2001 was Rs 35 crores (equivalent to Rs 118 crores or US$15 million in 2020).
After setting up herself in Hindi TV serials, she started out venturing into different nearby languages, beginning with the Tamil collection, Kudumbum. As of 2001, Kapoor wrote her personal scripts notwithstanding having writers operating for her, taking an energetic hobby in all levels of manufacturing, at the same time as her mother, Shobha, treated the accounts. She ventured into Bollywood film manufacturing in 2001 starting with Kyo Kii… The 2005 Kyaa Kool Hai Hum featured her brother Tusshar Kapoor. Between 2010 and 2014, she produced many films, together with Love Sex Aur Dhokha, Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, and Shor withinside the City.
Ekta Kapoor Personal Life
Ekta Kapoor’s relationship status is unmarried. She is having an affair with Jeetendra Kapoor’s younger brother, Tushar Kapoor. Ekta was in a relationship with actor Sumeet Saigal in the year 2003. She has also dated actor Sameer Malhotra, actor Ram Kapoor, and actor Manish Malhotra.
Ekta Kapoor Net Worth
Kapoor’s net worth is estimated to be Rs. 86 crores. She is earning her income from her production house and her salary from her work as a director and producer. Her Monthly Salary / Income is Rs. 5.5 crore. Ekta has a luxury flat in Mumbai worth Rs. 7 crore
Her Personal investment is Rs. 43 crores she has some luxurious cars Cars such as BMW, Mercedes, Ford and Jaguar.
Ekta Kapoor Controversies
Ekta Kapoor has been involved in many controversies throughout her career. In the year 2014, she was involved in a controversy when she used the word ‘gay’ while describing the art of a male dancer. She apologized for her comment after she was criticized by various people.
In the year 2017, she was involved in a controversy when she made a remark on the ‘Me Too movement. She said that the women who are speaking up are ‘attention seekers.
She was criticized by many people for her comment. In the year 2018, she was involved in a controversy when she said that she will never make a film on the ‘Me Too movement. She received a lot of criticism for her comment.
Ekta Kapoor Favourites
Ekta Kapoor’s favorite actors are Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Aamir Khan. Her favorite actresses are Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, and Sakshi Tanwar. Her favorite film is Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai. Her favorite color is Red. Her favorite food is Italian and chocolate.
Ekta Kapoor Social Profiles
Family and Relationship
Her parents are veteran actor Jeetendra and film producer Shobha Kapoor. She has a younger brother, Tusshar Kapoor, who is also an actor and film producer. Actor, director, and film producer Abhishek Kapoor is his cousin son of Prasan Kapoor. by Jeetendra and married to actress Pragya Yadav. On January 27th, 2019 she gave birth to a baby through surrogacy. There are rumors of a relationship with Tanveer Bookwala (writer, producer, and founder of Ding Entertainment Pvt).
Award & Achievement
Ekta Kapoor age is now only 47 years. She also works on screenwriting, creative execution, and concept development. After being voted one of Asia’s 50 Most Powerful Communicators by Asia Week magazine in 2001, she has helped launch the careers of many actors and actresses. She was chosen to chair the entertainment committee of the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII).
The other awards he received are; The Society Achiever Award and The Best Entrepreneur of the Year 2001. Kapoor is recognized as one of the most powerful women in television and among the top 25 businesswomen in India. Received Padma Shri, the 4th highest civil award, in 2020 for her work in the field of arts. Kapoor also received awards as a producer from Balaji Telefilms.
- Indian Television Academy Awards,
- Indian Telly Awards, Kalakar Awards,
- Asian Television Awards, Apsara Awards,
- Zee Rishtay Awards,
- 3rd Boroplus Awards,
- New Talent Awards,
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards,
- 4th Boroplus Awards,
- GR8! Women Awards,
- Asia’s Social Empowerment Awards,
- Lions Gold Awards, Stardust Awards,
- Screen Awards,
- Pune International Film Festival,
- Zee Gaurav Puraskar,
- National Media Network Film
- TV Awards,
- Global Indian Film and TV Honors and
- ETC Bollywood Business Awards.
Some less known factors About Ekta Kapoor
- Ekta Kapoor is the founder of ALT Entertainment, a production house that is a subsidiary of Balaji Telefilms.
- She made her producing debut with the film Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta (2001) was a huge flop.
- She launched the channel, Jain TV on 14 February 2006. She has produced a TV series named Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan which is based on the life of a couple who is in love.
- Ekta has a younger brother named Tusshar Kapoor who is also an actor.
- She is the cousin of actress and politician, Smriti Irani.
- She is rumored to be dating actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
- Ekta Kapoor is considered to be one of the most powerful women in the Indian entertainment industry.
- She has launched stars like Vidya Balan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Prachi Desai, Ram Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal, and Ronit Roy.
- Ekta has also launched its fashion brand EK, available on Snapdeal. Always wear black platform shoes to events or functions as recommended by an astrologer.
- She is afraid of heights, darkness, and helicopters. At his suggestion, actress Anita Hassanandani initially changed her name for the films to Natassha.
- She isn’t visible a good deal in public events, however, she is taken into consideration as a celebration animal.
- Ekta is spiritual, has large religion in astrology, and numerology, and considers 3,6, and 9 as her fortunate number.
- She is an animal lover and despite the fact that she has a puppy canine known as Lafro, she has an addiction to adopting stray puppies and has lots of them.
- Ekta Kapoor is actively worried about charity for older women.
- She loves taking note of vintage songs and ghazals and is a large fan of Kishore Kumar’s songs.
- Ekta has earned the monikers of “Czarina of television” and “the Queen of India Television.