Mariah Carey (born March 27, 1969) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She rose to prominence with her self–titled debut album in 1990. It topped the US Billboard 200 chart and featured four number–one singles on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. Carey is the only artist in history to have the Christmas song “All I Want for Christmas Is You” reach number one on the Hot 100 chart twice. In 2022, Mariah Carey net worth is around $320 million. She earns huge money from different sources.
She has achieved five number–one albums on the Billboard 200 chart and nineteen number–one singles on the Hot 100 chart. In 2012, Carey was ranked second on VH1‘s list of the “100 Greatest Women in Music“.
Aside from her commercial accomplishments, Carey has won five Grammy Awards, nineteen World Music Awards, ten American Music Awards, and numerous other awards. She is renowned for her five–octave vocal range, melismatic singing style, and signature use of the whistle register. She has sold more than 200 million records worldwide, making her one of the bestselling music artists of all time.
Mariah Carey was born in 1969 in New York City. Her mother, Patricia, was an African American opera singer, and her father, Alfred, was a white Venezuelan trumpet player. Carey‘s parents divorced when she was three, and she was raised by her mother in the borough of Queens.
Carey began singing at an early age, and by the time she was four, she was performing in local talent shows. When Carey was nine, she appeared on Star Search, a television show that featured aspiring singers. She did not win the contest, but the experience led to her being signed by Columbia Records.
Mariah Carey Wiki
|Real Name||Mariah Angela Carey|
|Popular Name||Mimi, Mary Poppins,|
|Age (As 2022)||52 years old|
|Date Of Birth||March 27, 1969|
|Birth Place/ Homeland||Long Island, Huntington, New York,|
|Hometown||Huntington, New York, USA|
|Height of Mariah||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight of Mariah||76 kg (167.5 lbs)|
|Her eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Her hair Color||Light Brown|
|Father’s name||Alfred Roy Carey|
|Mother’s Name||Patricia (née Hickey)|
|Religion||Anglican / Episcopalian|
Her self–titled debut album was released in June 1990. It topped the Billboard 200 chart and established her as a pop icon. Carey‘s five–octave vocal range, melismatic style, and signature use of the whistle register helped inspire a generation of female singers.
Following her marriage to Sony Music head Tommy Mottola, Carey became the label‘s highest–selling act with the follow–up albums.
- Emotions (1991),
- Music Box (1993),
- Merry Christmas (1994).
By the end of the 1990s, Carey had sold more than 200 million records worldwide, and was named the best–selling female artist of the millennium in 2000. Carey‘s success continued into the new millennium with the release of her album Rainbow (1999), which debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 and included the singles “Heartbreaker” and “Thank God I Found You“.
After a relatively unsuccessful period, she returned to the top of music charts with The Emancipation of Mimi (2005). It was distinguished among her releases for its diversity of music genres.
Carey once again ventured into film with a well–received supporting role in Precious (2009). She starred in the eponymous television series in 2014. Throughout her career, Carey has sold more than 200 million records worldwide. It makes her one of the best–selling music artists of all time. Day by day Mariah Carey net worth is increasing.
According to the Recording Industry Association of America, she is the third–best–selling female artist in the United States, with 64.5 million certified albums.
Mariah Carey is one of the most successful female recording artists of all time, and has been married and divorced twice. She has one child from her first marriage, to music executive Tommy Mottola. Mariah has two children from her second marriage, to actor/ comedian Nick Cannon. Carey has been open about her struggles with bipolar disorder and has been an active advocate for mental health awareness.
Mariah Carey Net Worth
Carey is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, businesswoman, and actress. Mariah Carey net worth is $320 million. With more than 200 million albums sold worldwide, Mariah Carey is one of the 15 best-selling female music artists in history. She is the second-best artist of all time after Madonna. She has had more #1 songs than any other writer/producer in US chart history. As of this writing, he has won five Grammy Awards, 10 AMAs, and 15 Billboard Music Awards.
Mariah Carey Controversies
Mariah Carey has been in the spotlight for over three decades and has been through her share of controversies. After she got married to Nick Cannon in 2008, they were both accused of faking their marriage. However, they were able to prove their marriage was real.
One of Carey’s biggest controversies was in 2001 when she was scheduled to perform in Central Park. However, due to technical difficulties, she wasn’t able to perform. This led people to believe she faked her illness to get out of performing. Carey has also been accused of lip–syncing her songs. She has also been accused of plagiarism for her song “Obsessed”.
Mariah Carey Achievement
- In 2009, the World Music Awards honored her with the Legend Award, which she received for “outstanding contribution to the music industry and outstanding international achievement.”
- Mariah Carey received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, located at 6652 Hollywood Boulevard in 2011.
- In June 2015, at the 35th American Song Contest in Los Angeles, two of her songs, “One Sweet Day“ and “We Belong Together“, were named the most performed songs of the past 25 years.
- In October 2015, the BET Honors ceremony honored Carey with the musical arts award.
- Carey was honored with the Icon Award at the 2016 BMI R&B/Hip–Hop Awards in May 2016,
- In May 2017, Carey was honored as the 2017 Billboard Music Awards Icon.
- In June 2017, Carey was honored with the Songwriters Hall of Fame‘s Johnny Mercer Award.
- On December 5, 2017, Carey was honored with the Legend Award at the 2017 Billboard Women in Music event.
- In June 2018, Carey was honored with the American Music Award for Lifetime Achievement.
- Carey was born on March 27, 1969, to Alfred Roy Carey and Patricia Hickey, who had been disowned by their family for marrying a man of African American and Afro-Venezuelan descent. They divorced when Carey was three years old.
- The name comes from the song “They Call the Wind Maria” from the 1951 Broadway musical Paint Your Wagon. Although it’s not spelled the same, it’s pronounced the same.
- When he was young, his family, which includes two older brothers, faced racist attacks because of his parents’ interracial marriage of . Their dogs were poisoned and a car was blown up. “That was the beginning of a nightmare,” Patricia told Oprah Winfrey in a 1999 interview with her daughter. “One evening while we were having dinner, someone shot through the window. Luckily none of the children were in the room.
- The first song he composed was written with Gavin Christopher and 6 while he was still in high school. Titled “Here We Go ‘Round Again,” Carey described the song, which appeared on her four-song demo tape, as having a Motown vibe.
- After graduating from high school, she moved into a one-bedroom apartment in Manhattan, which she shared with four other students. music career.
- At the age of two, Carey surprised her mother, a voice teacher, and occasional opera singer, by imitating her opera singing. She began taking singing lessons at the age of four and developed a voice that spanned five octaves, an almost superhuman feat.